Friday, January 15, 2010

The rest of Auntie Amy's visit!

It's still Abigail here ... if I don't write this you'll never find out what we've been up to!!! As well as lots of eating and sleeping when Auntie Amy was here ... we showed her some of the local sights ... starting with the hangar where Daddy works!
While we were there, me and Mummy finally got to see Daddy's new tool chest ... it's MASSIVE ... I looked so tiny when I was sitting on it ... I bet I could fit in one of the bottom drawers if I tried!
This doesn't happen very often ... but in this next photo ... even Daddy looks small ... this is the map on the wall at MMS showing where previous apprentices have ended up or where planes MMS have worked on are now flying!
We also showed Auntie Amy the main street in town ... County Hall and the bandstand looked lovely with a light dusting of snow!
One afternoon we took a walk through Lake Park to Roscoe Village ... when I say 'walk' I mean 'cosy snug ride'!! We all enjoyed Roscoe Village ... but Auntie Amy, Mummy & Daddy still can't get their heads round it being considered 'old' ... I guess it's not something I'll appreciate for a while!
While Auntie Amy was here I had to prove that I pull my weight around the house ... unpacking the shopping is just one of my regular tasks (I'll have you know I like to make a scene if can't help out the second we arrive home!!) ... I also like to put my dirty clothes in the laundry bin ... Mummy and Daddy think I'm such a star ... they don't know I'm just lulling them into a false sense of security ... and will later on play it to my advantage!
We also took Auntie Amy up into Amish Country ... making the mandatory stop at Millers Bakery, the yummiest shop EVER!!! I only ever get given a few mouthfuls of whatever goodies are purchased ... and when you see the size of the pastries there, you'll understand just how stingy that is!
As you can see Auntie Amy was enamoured with the different things she found up at Zincks fabrics ... I wasn't quite so sure ... but didn't like to burst her bubble! Mummy and Daddy are a bit worried that she's loosing her unique sense of style ... or just going off at a tangent!!!
Even though it didn't snow loads while Auntie Amy was here ... we made sure we made sure we had at least one crazy afternoon enjoying what was there ... as you can see I LOVED IT!!! ...
... even when I was completely covered!! Auntie Amy and Daddy kept throwing the snow up in the air so it felt like it was snowing ... all I could do was squeal and giggle a lot! ;o)

No comments:

Post a Comment