Thursday, August 30, 2012

4,800hrs equals ...

That is it ... I have finally completed my 4,800hrs in the hangar and it's now time to prep for the exams. But what have I actually done in these three years that it's taken to accrue the 4,800hrs? As well as gaining lots of knowledge that I will need in the coming years when working for MAF in Tanzania, I have had the experience of working on many different aircraft for numerous aviation missions. The aircraft that I have had experience on include:-

Cessna 172, 182, 185, 206, 207, 210, 310, 337, 402
Beechcraft Skipper 77, King Air 200
Rockwell Commander 114
Piper Aztec PA-23-250
Mooney M20J
Douglas DC-3
Vans RV-8
Diamond DA40
Bell Longranger

Cessna 185
Cessna 206
Cessna 310
Cessna 337
Cessna 402
Beechcraft Skipper 77
Beechcraft King Air 200
Rockwell Commander 114
Mooney M20J 
Douglas DC-3 
Bell LongRanger 206L

When I started at MMS Aviation I knew of only a handful of Aviation Missions. My eyes have been opened wide by the numerous missions that have been through our hangar. This is a list of some of those that I have helped by fixing/repairing/inspecting their aircraft so that they can continue with their work. Some of these missions are not just here in the States, but in Brazil, Gabon, PNG and Haiti. It has helped me to see that even though I have been at MMS to train and gain experience, I have also been working on the mission field too, making sure that throughout the world, others are helped by  missions using aviation. These are ones I've been able to have just a small effect on while I've been here.

Wings with the Word
Gospel Carrier International (GCI)
Missionary Flights International (MFI)
Asas De Socorro
Amazon Salt and Light
Summer Institute of Linguistics (SIL (JAARS/Whicliffe))
Mission Aviation Fellowship (MAF)
Lutheran Association of Missionaries & Pilots (LAMP)
The Pfeifers
Brigade Air
Air Calvary







No comments:

Post a Comment